Patient Intake Specialist (Full Time)
253 W 28th St, New York, NY 10001, USA
As a Patient Intake Specialist, your role involves responding to inbound phone calls, assessing prospective patients’ needs, and providing accurate intake services. You will offer general Curated Mental Health information to referrers, patients, and communities, ensuring exceptional patient-facing service. Additionally, you will process and transcribe patients’ information for referral entry, adhering to Curated Mental Health’s admission criteria. Your expertise will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficiency and accuracy of the intake process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all initial patient intake from the first contact to completion of onboarding.
- Review providers’ schedules to optimize appointments in line with operational needs.
- Match patients with the appropriate care team based on available services and providers.
- Review intake paperwork with prospective patients verbally to ensure understanding.
- Offer financial counseling to help prospective patients comprehend their financial obligations for care.
- Accurately input patient demographics, insurance information, referrals, and medical histories into the EMR and assign them to the relevant care team.
- Participate in regular group meetings with the operations team and provide relevant updates on intake data to management.
- Maintain a welcoming and helpful attitude for prospective Curated patients.
- Stay updated on provider availability and insurance credentialing.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of all intake-related paperwork.
- Verify medical insurance coverage, eligibility, and benefits for each patient.
- Schedule initial appointments or consultations and respond to inquiries via phone, text, and email from prospective patients.
- Address and resolve any queries or concerns raised by prospective patients.
- Prepare and maintain patient charts throughout the intake process.
- Respond to emails and voicemails promptly and efficiently.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One-year experience in patient intake preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare or related fields is advantageous.